Thursday, September 16, 2010

R.I.P. Kevin McCarthy




"Listen! Listen to me! They're not human! Can't you see everyone?! They're here already!!! YOU'RE NEXT!!!"


Goddamn it, I hate writing obituaries, mainly because I don't like it when people die, especially great actors and filmmakers. Also, it's the job of a professional wire service reporter to compile a brief bio and list of film credits but I find myself doing that now when I think it's better to embed a youtube video that pays tribute showing what that person did best.

We lost Kevin McCarthy on September 11th at the age of 96. He had a major filmography, reportedly one of the IMDB's most extensive. He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Death of a Salesman in 1951, but he was mainly a favorite of genre filmgoers with roles in such films as Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Pirahna, The Howling and alongside Weird Al Yankovic in a delightfully over the top and funny performance as the villain in UHF.



To display his underrated contribution to film take a look at these great videos.





No comments:

Post a Comment